Lavellon Sands Hunting Club
Rules and regulations
2019/2020 Hunting Season
These rules are subject to be changed by the President to maintain order and peace on club property. All changes will be decided by the President in the best interest of the club.
** To be courteous to other hunters in the area no unnecessary vehicle or foot traffic is allowed the first two hours of daylight and two hours prior to sunset. Please get to your stand in a timely manner to avoid disturbing wildlife movement. **
*** If you wound or harvest an animal you may attempt to recover your game during these hours. ***
1. No hunting dogs allowed on club property. This is a still hunt club only. EXCEPTION: One (1) trail dog will be allowed to trail wounded game.
all rules and regulations, possession and bag limits given by the state of
3. NEW MEMBERClub dues will be $1400.00. Renewing Members’ dues will be $1150.00. All dues must be paid by 5/28/19. Renewing members not paid in full now will result in loss of membership renewal but may apply to rejoin as new member ifpositions are available. Personal checks with insufficient funds will be returned to the member and loss of membership may result.
Please mail check to Ira Page
payable to dip-n-vat hunt club.
PO box 1351 Wauchula FL 33873
4. Doe deer are NOT allowed to be harvested unless you have an FWC PERMIT. Doe week is NOT recognized. This policy is originated by the land owner, Four Rivers Land & Timber Co.
5. ATV's are allowed on club property, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3 p.m., ATV's can be driven on designated roads ONLY. No off-road use unless to recover game. Do not destroy any pine timber of ANY size. Please be courteous of hunters who have their deer stands near roads. If this becomes a problem, it will be addressed during hunting season.
6. When using personal or public stands, indicate on club map your location prior to hunt! Upon completing your day’s hunt remove your decal number from map. If a number is not removed by we will assume a member needs assistance.
7. Food plots may be planted with approval by Four Rivers Land and Timber.
8. A Member may operate as many personal game feeders as desired, however you may only designate three areas as private. See Rule#12.
9. Hogs may be harvested UP TO QUIET TIME. (See Game Limits) SEE Rule #7. QUIET TIME IS NO HUNTING OF ANY TYPE.
10. Spouses and dependent children under the age of 18 may hunt with the member at no additional charge. Children under sixteen may not be in possession of a firearm unless under the supervision of an adult.
11. The consumption and possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on club property.
12. Deer Stands are to be placed no closer than 200 yards to another deer stand (Public or Private). A maximum of three ‘PRIVATE’ deer stands per member will be allowed. Identify all Private stands with your club decal number. You may designate a tree as YOUR personal tree, for climbing stand users, with a colored ribbon requiring your name and member number. Stands not labeled with member name/number are considered public and may be used by any member.
13. All members should respect the right of other members and shall conduct themselves in a respectful and courteous manner.
14. All members must have valid hunting and fishing license as required by the State of Florida.
15. Destroying or damaging timber, fences, gates and any company or personal property is prohibited.
16. No interference of work activity of less or (logging activities) and no hunting within 2000 feet of work activity.
17. Vehicles must not be parked in such manners as to obstruct roads.
18. Reckless driving that may endanger the safety of fellow members and self is prohibited.
19. All gates must be closed and locked upon the closing of the day. It is the responsibility of ALL members who are hunting.
20. It is the responsibility of each member to notify the President at the end of the season the number of Deer harvested including points and weight. This is also including the number of hogs and spring turkey. This is for Four Rivers Land and Timber records.
21. All guns must be unloaded upon dark. No spotlighting allowed on club proper
22. Each member may bring a guest with a $50.00 per day charge. ($100 per weekend) Friday at noon, thru Sunday evening is defined as two hunting days. No calendar date limits or max hunt limits.
23. Members have first opportunity to hunt public box stands. Guests shall choose public stands after members.
24. Campfires are permitted in the camping area.
25. No shooting from or across Dump Grade.
26. Members MUST participate in scheduled work days. Failure to attend 50% of scheduled work days will result in a $50 fee for days missed.
27. Scouting is to be between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to be courteous to other members.
28. Lavellon Sands hunting club has a Quiet time. Quiet time is from July 5th until the beginning of ARCHERY season. During this time, NO firearms are allowed on the property, and no hunting of any forms is allowed until opening of Archery season. The Rifle range will be available for use 14 days prior to the opening of black powder to allow 2 full weekends for "sighting in" of black powder hunting equipment and rifles.
pickup your trash and take it with you when you leave. We have no trash
service. There is a public dump on
30. Please bring your refreshments in cans. NO Glass bottles please.
o HUNTING SHOULD BE FUN
o ETHICS SHOULD BE USED
o COURTESY SHOULD BE EXERCISED AT ALL TIMES
All Limits are per membership, NOT per person.
NO DOE HARVEST / UNLESS YOU HAVE FWC PERMIT
NEW FWC FLORIDA LAW
5 DEER TOTAL AND ONLY 2 OF WHICH MAY BE DOE DEER
You can only kill 1 Doe on LavellonSands... AND only if you have a tag.. NO DOE During Archery without a tag!!
BUCKS MUST HAVE 1 MAIN BEAM LENGTH NO LESS THAN 5 INCHES
AND 2 POINTS NO LESS THAN 1” INCH ON 1” SIDE.
2. Deer –3 Buck limit. Bucks must have a minimum of one forked antler. MEET FWC FLORIDA LAW.
3. IF the 3 buck limit is exceeded, the member shall pay a fine of $100 for a 4th Buck. 5 Bucks and the member can find a new place to hunt.
4. Game taken by your spouse, guest or children count towards the limits of your membership.
5. Only one buck may be taken by a guest on your membership. A second deer taken by a guest will be $200.
6. Guests are not eligible for the Big Buck contest.
7. HOGS, NO LIMITS. ALL YOU CAN SHOOT
NOTE: If a fine is levied, the member’s right to hunt is revoked until the fine is paid.
Box Stand Rules and Eligibility
To hunt box stands the following rules apply:
1. All stands will be numbered and located on map at George Page
camp. Each member will use their decal number to mark a stand.
First come, first serve basis. Each member will be able to place his/her
number on map no earlier than
2. A Membership entitles you to use of a single box stand per day. If you bring a guest, you may hunt a box stand together, or either of you may choose to hunt a personal stand.
ALL NEW APPLICANTS
AND CONTINUING MEMBERS WILL COMPLETE UPDATED APPLICATIONS AND BE SUBJECT TO A
BACKGROUND CHECK. ANY APPLICANTS THAT ARE CONVICTED OF A FELONY NEED TO
PROVIDE LEGAL VERIFICATION OF GUN RIGHTS. THIS IS TO MEET THE STATE OF
ALL MEMBERS ARE
TO COMPLY WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF
Violating any of these by-laws will result in the following:
1. First Offense: $100 fine
2. Second Offense: $200 fine
3. Third Offense: Dismissal from the club